Table of Content
- 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 Definitions
- 3.0 Statement Details
- 3.1 Collection of Information
- 3.2 What Customer Information is collected?
- 3.3 Android Permission
- 3.4 Purpose of Information Collection
- 3.5 Retention of Information
- 3.6 Disclosure of Information
- 3.7 Rights of the Customer
- 3.9 Access to Information
- 3.10 Safeguarding and Protection of Information
- 3.11 Non-Compliance with this Statement
- 3.12 Amendments to this Privacy Statement
- 3.13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- 4.0 Statement Effective Date
- Nilipie payment service is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy in compliance with the applicable laws and obligations on data use and privacy.
- In order to demonstrate this commitment, Nilipie payment service has provided this Statement to explain to you how it collects, uses and protects subscriber information. This Statement should be read together with the terms & conditions of use of Nilipie payment service products and services. Where there is a conflict, this Statement will prevail.
- This Statement applies to all customers.
- References to
- 2.1 “Customer” or “you” means you the person who subscribes to, uses orpurchases any of our services or accesses our websites and includes any person who accesses any of the services you have subscribed to.
- 2.2 “Nilipie”, “we” or “us”, “our” and “ours” means Nilipie Payment service.
- 2.3 The word “includes” means that what follows is not necessarily exhaustive and therefore the examples given are not the only things/situations included in the meaning or explanation of that text.
3.0 Statement Details
- 3.1 Collection of Information
- 3.1.1 Nilipie collects your personal information with your knowledge and consent when you:
- a) Register for the Nilipie payment service.
- b) Use a Nilipie payment product or service online, on the cloud, on a mobile;
- c) ask Nilipie payment service for more information about a product or service or contact Nilipie payment Service with a query or complaint;
- d)espond to or participate in a survey, marketing promotion, prize competition or special offer;
- e) Visit, access or use Nilipie payments websites.
- Nilipie payment service may also collect your information from other organizations including fraud-prevention agencies and business directories.
- 3.2 What Customer Information is collected?
- The information we collect and store about you (“Customer Information”) depends on the Nilipie payment service and third party services you use and subscribe to. The Customer Information includes but is not limited to the following:
- The Customer Information collected is as follows:
- 3.2.1 Your identity and SIM-card registration information to ensure the phone number on the phone is the same as the one being registered, including your phone number.
3.2.2 Your preferences for particular products and services, based on information provided by you or from your use of Nilipie payment services.
- 3.2.3 Your contact with us, such as when you: call us or interact with us through social media, or email (we may record your conversations, social media or other interactions with us)
- >3.2.4 Your phonebook for the convenience of uploading contacts while using Nilipie mobile application.
- >3.2.5 Your messages purposefully to send and read OTP sent to your phone.
- >3.2.6 Your data sessions on the Nilipie payment service and your approximate location (save for customer service interactions as noted above we do not record or store message or call contents).
- 3.3 Use of Information
- We may use and analyze your Customer Information for the following purposes:
- 3.3.1 Processing services that you have procured from Nilipie;
- 3.3.2 Billing you for using our or third party services or taking the appropriate amount of credit from you;
- 3.3.3 Responding to any of your queries or concerns;
- 3.3.4 Verifying your identity information through publicly available and/or restricted government databases in order to comply with regulatory requirements;
- 3.3.5 Carrying out a credit check;
- 3.3.6 Keeping you informed generally about new services and contacting you with offers or promotions based on how you use our or third party products and services unless you opt out of receiving such marketing messages (you may contact Nilipie at any time to opt out of receiving marketing messages);
- 3.3.7 Using the Nilipie payment service telephone directory enquiry service in printed or electronic format;
- 3.3.8 To comply with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement or for use by our lawyers in connection with any legal proceedings;
- 3.3.9 In business practices including to quality control, training and ensuring effective systems operations;
- 3.3.10 to protect our payment service including to manage the volume of calls, texts and other use of our service;
- 3.3.11 To Understand how you use our service and products for purposes of developing or improving products and services;
- 3.3.12 Preventing and detecting fraud or other crimes;
- 3.3.13 for research, statistical and other scientific or business purposes;
- 3.3.14 Provide aggregated (which do not contain any information which may identify you as an individual) to third parties;
- 3.3.15 Administer any of our online platforms/websites.
- 3.4 Retention of Information
- Nilipie payment service will store your information for as long as required by law or regulations. If there is no statutory or regulatory requirement, Nilipie payment service will only store Customer Information for as long as it is needed.
- 3.5 Disclosure of Information
- 3.5.1 Any disclosure of your information shall be in accordance with applicable law and regulations. Nilipie payment service shall assess and review each application for information and may decline to grant such information to the requesting party.
- 3.5.2 We may disclose your information to:
- a) Law-enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities, courts or other public authorities in response to a demand issued with the appropriate lawful mandate and where the form and scope of the demand is compliant with the law.
- b) subsidiaries, associates, partners or agents who are involved in delivering Nilipie services your order or use;
- c) fraud-prevention agencies, business-scoring agencies or other credit-scoring agencies;
- d) Publicly available and/or restricted government databases to verify your identity information in order to comply with regulatory requirements;
- e) Emergency service providers when you make an emergency call (or where such disclosure to emergency service providers is necessary for your rescue, health and safety) including your approximate location.
- 3.5.3 Some of your information may be passed on to any person whom you receive mobile money from, or send or intend to send mobile money to. Your information may be available to any third party involved in the operation of the mobile money service,
- 3.5.4 We shall not release any information to any individual or entity that is acting beyond its legal mandate.
- 3.6.1 We may store some information (using "cookies") on your computer when you visit our websites. This enables us to recognize you during subsequent visits. The type of information gathered is non-personal (such as: the IP address of your computer, the date and time of your visit, which pages you browsed and whether the pages have been delivered successfully.
- 3.6.2 We may also use this data in aggregate form to develop customized services - tailored to your individual interests and needs. Should you choose to do so, it is possible (depending on the browser you are using), to be prompted before accepting any cookies, or to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. This will however cause certain features of the web site not to be accessible.
- 3.7 The Use of Hyperlinks
- 3.7.1 Our websites and mobile applications may provide hyperlinks to other locations or websites on the Internet. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties who are not affiliated with or in any way related to us and have been included in our website to enhance your user experience and are presented for information purposes only. We endeavor to direct you to reputable websites and sources of information for your convenience.
- 3.7.2 We do not endorse, recommend, approve or guarantee any third- party products and services by providing hyperlinks to an external website or webpage and do not have any co-operation with such third parties unless otherwise disclosed. We are not in any way responsible for the content of any externally linked website or webpage.
- 3.8 Safeguarding and Protection of Information
- Nilipie payment service has put in place processes, resources, controls, tools and other measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, accidental loss or destruction.
- 3.9 Non-Compliance with this Statement
- Nilipie payment service shall have the right to terminate any agreement with you for failure to comply with the provisions of this statement and reject any application for information contrary to this statement.
- 3.10 Amendments to this Statement
- Nilipie payment service reserves the right to amend or modify this statement at any time. If Nilipie payment service amends this statement, it will post any changes on the Nilipie payment service website, https://www.nilipie.co.ke, so that you will always know how your personal information is being used or shared.
4.0 Statement Effective Date